Did you know?
Jacques Martin, D.S.S., B.Sc., C.Ped.
President, Footech Inc., Certified Pedorthist
- One quarter of all your bones are located in your feet.
- An average person takes up to 10,000 steps per day, covering enough distance in a lifetime to circle the earth 4 times!
- 75% of people experience some type of serious foot problem in their lives.
- Only a small percentage of people are born with their foot problems.
- Most foot conditions are caused by neglect or poor fitting shoes.
- Women have about four times as many foot problems as men. Part of the blame can be associated to high heels.
- Walking is the best exercise for your feet.
Learn more ... Here's a few articles from our growing knowledgebase
- Common models of orthotics
- Types of foot orthotics
- Hallux Limitus Rigidus, or Great Toe Arthritis
- Did you know?
- Find a Footech location near you